At the end of every football season, whether you’re a sports fan or not, you’re likely going to carve out a Sunday to check out The Big Game. There’s an abundance of excitement guaranteed from the gridiron action, star-studded halftime performances and (of course) innovative commercials, but every high point comes with a low. With that, we bring you the Sleepiest Moments of The Big Game:
- Ever notice how long it takes to actually start the game? After stuffing yourself with chicken wings and cold ones at a game day party, it can be a struggle to stay even awake through the pre-game analysis AND team introductions AND the MVP introductions AND the ref explaining the coin flip AND the actual coin flip. And if you made it that far, you still have to get through another commercial break before kickoff!
- As the players stopped periodically to change their cleats in the first half, we found some nice pockets of time to catch some zzz’s. Hopefully the players don’t look like they’re playing in a hockey rink next year and break up the action.
- Beyoncé, Bruno Mars and (surprisingly) Coldplay came out strong with an exciting rock block of hits! That had us feeling rejuvenated for the second half of the game, until they immediately cut back from commercial to… more halftime analysis.
- Congrats to the Broncos on a hard-fought victory. As much as we’d love to stay up and celebrate/watch Peyton Manning plug Bud, it’s been a long day. Time to catch up on some Beautyrest!
- A very special mention for the Least Sleepy Moment: the Puppy Monkey Baby commercial, which will be giving us nightmares for weeks.