Beautyrest Gift of Sleep Contest
December 05, 2016
Author: Beautyrest Team
GIFT OF SLEEP CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- This Contest is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Simmons Beautyrest (“Sponsor”), Hunter Public Relations, LLC and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is sponsored by Sponsor and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or other social platform where this contest may be promoted.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, during the Contest Period (as defined below), entrants must:
- Visit the Beautyrest® microsite (http://beautyrest.com/giftofsleep) and share in 250 characters or less why they need to improve their sleep routine this holiday season
- Provide email address for notification of receipt and potential winning of the Contest
- Provide mailing zip code to confirm eligibility
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on December 5, 2016 (i.e., the date on which the microsite is live) at 9:00 am EDT and ends on December 27, 2016 at 11:59 pm EDT (the “Contest Period”). All times are EDT. Only those entries submitted during the Contest Period will be considered for entry. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Entries containing content that is derogatory, profane, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, disparaging, lewd, obscene, threatening, sexually explicit, pornographic, illegal or otherwise inappropriate or objectionable will be deleted and the user will be disqualified. Any entry that fails to comply in all respects with these Official Rules is subject to disqualification, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once submitted, entry cannot be revised, altered or withdrawn by the user.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about January 3, 2017, three (3) entries will be selected from all eligible submissions received during the Contest Period as “winners”. Criteria for winning entries will be judged based on legibility (25%) and creativity of the submission (75%). Total number of winners depends on volume and quality of entries, at the discretion of a group of Simmons employees. By submitting an entry on the website, users grant permission to Simmons and their agents to use the entry in marketing materials.
5. PRIZES: One (1) winner will receive the grand prize of one (1) Beautyrest® Recharge queen mattress (valued up to $1,599.99). Two (2) runners-up will receive Beautyrest® pillows and eye masks (valued up to $200.00).
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsor will comply with all income tax reporting obligations.
A winner will be notified by Sponsor emailing confirmation. POSTING INFORMATION TO BEAUTYREST VIA SOCIAL MEDIA (FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM) WILL NOT BE DEEMED A RESPONSE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Winner may forfeit prize if Sponsor is unable to email him/her or if the winner fails to email Simmons claiming the prize as required in these Official Rules. In such event, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize becomes unavailable for any reason. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Potential prize winners, including potential prize recipients in winning group photos, must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release within 72 hours following the date of Simmons’ first notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner, if time permits. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Winner is responsible for any applicable taxes and will receive a Form 1099 for any prizes valued at $600 or greater.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering the Contest, each entrant, on behalf of himself/herself, and his/her executors and heirs, agrees (a) to be bound and abide by these Official Rules and by all decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and not open to appeal; (b) to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Hunter Public Relations, and its and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, shareholders, agents, representatives, employees, suppliers, agencies, successors, assigns, licensors, advertising or promotional agencies and any prize-sponsoring agency (collectively, "Released Parties"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with or related to this Contest, including, without limitation, from any and all causes of action, liabilities, suits, claims (including but not limited to, third party claims that may be made against entrants, and claims arising out of or relating to acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or any publicity or other public exposure of entrants, including without limitation, claims concerning infringement or invasion of entrants' privacy or publicity rights, or defamation, or acts undertaken in preparation for, or participation in, the Contest), cross-claims or counterclaims, costs, injuries, losses or damages or demands of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"), WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF A RELEASED PARTY; (c) on behalf of himself/herself, and his/her executors and heirs that he/she has no right to bring, and covenants not to bring, any claim, action, or proceeding of any kind or nature whatsoever against the Released Parties; (d) to assume all risks, express or implied, associated with all Claims released above, including without limitation, all risks concerning entry into and participation in the Contest; and (e) that NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE MADE OR MAKE OR ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATIVE TO THIS CONTEST OR A PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ITS QUALITY OR FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY, AND ALL PRIZES ARE TENDERED TO ENTRANTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE OF ANY PROMOTIONS MATERIALS OF ANY PRIZE.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Official Rules, Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest, or any portion thereof, if it cannot be run as originally planned, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud; infection by computer virus; malicious software attacks, bugs or other problems; or force majeure or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which impair the integrity or corrupt the administration or security of the Contest. In such event, the Contest shall be conducted from among all eligible entries received, if any, prior to such suspension, modification or cancellation.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Contest, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including, but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, inaccurate, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, damaged, garbled or stolen entries or mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts in the State of Georgia; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, excluding attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain an award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All claims or disputes related to or involving these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
10. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its advertising and marketing agencies to use winner’s hometown, opinions, name, likeness and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except as otherwise prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the rules, or the administration of the Contest.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Beautyrest Give the Gift of Sleep Winners List”, 1 Concourse Pkwy NE #800, Atlanta, GA 30328". Requests must be accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and must be received by Sponsor by December 31, 2016. Any requests received after that date will not be honored.
SPONSOR: Simmons Bedding Company, 1 Concourse Pkwy NE #800, Atlanta, GA 30328