Products made after March 1, 2015
- Use a new Beautyrest® or Simmons® foundation or a supportive, rigid, non-yielding foundation. An old foundation unit may not provide sufficient support.
- If used with a foundation, use a frame that provides rigid center support as well as support for the head, foot, and sides. For any queen or king frame that does not have a metal center support, you must use at least 5 hardwood or metal slats (1" x 4") and add legs to the 3 center slats. By not providing a sufficient supportive frame, damage can occur to the product that will void your warranty
- If used without a foundation (e.g. with a platform bed), add a solid platform on top of any open slatted mattress support system in which the spaces between the slats are greater than 2 inches (5 centimeters). Hardboard, plywood, particle board or a similar material, inserted between the mattress and the slatted platform, supporting the entire surface of the mattress will provide appropriate support. Use of an open slatted mattress support system in which the spaces between the slats are greater than 2 inches (5 centimeters), without the addition of a solid platform, will damage your mattress and void your warranty.
- For all adjustable foundations, which are covered by a separate warranty, please see the owner’s manual for required support.
- Use a protector pad on your mattress at all times to protect the condition of your mattress and preserve your warranty rights. Simmons® reserves the right to refuse service and void the warranty if the mattress or foundation is in an unsanitary condition, if the mattress or foundation has evidence of damage from liquid penetration or use of cleaning fluids, or whenever the product failure is caused by factors other than defective workmanship or materials.
- If you need to move your mattress, carton or bag it and carry it on its side to avoid damage. Handles are provided to assist in positioning the mattress on the foundation. Using the handles to carry the mattress may tear the fabric.
- Do not fold, stand or jump on product as damage can occur.
- Do not use cleaning fluids or any type of fabric protection application on your mattress; it may damage some of the materials.
- If your mattress has a removable cover, use only a professional dry cleaning service to clean the top cover. Do not machine wash the top cover. Do not remove or wash the bottom cover or the inner mattress cover.
- If your Beautyrest® or Simmons® product contains memory (viscoelastic) foam, do not use a heating pad or electric blanket.
- Do not remove or discard the white law labels or the model name label. These labels serve as a means of identification to establish your warranty rights. If you choose to remove the labels, keep them in a safe place.
- DO NOT SMOKE IN BED OR USE OPEN FLAMES (e.g. candles, lighters, matches) ON OR NEAR YOUR BED. Although your new Beautyrest® or Simmons® mattress meets the requirements of the Federal Flammability Standard, 16 CFR 1633, when it is used alone or with the foundation(s) specified on the 16 CFR 1633 law tag attached to your mattress, it is not fire-proof. In addition, sheets, blankets and other bedding can ignite and burn rapidly when exposed to open flames.
100-Night In-Home Trial
If within the first 100 nights of receiving delivery of your new Beautyrest MATTRESS, you're not completely satisfied—for any reason—you may return it for a full refund.
Your returned MATTRESS will be recycled. Beautyrest will cover the charges of picking up and recycling your MATTRESS. However, because we cannot handle international shipping and logistics expenses, your mattress must be in the United States at the time you wish to take advantage of the 100-Night Trial Policy (100-Night In-Home Trial).
The Beautyrest 100-Night In-Home Trial is limited to one return per household per year, and it must be exercised directly with Beautyrest no later than the 100th day following delivery of the Product for which you want a refund.
As noted above, our 100-Night In-Home Trial applies only to original purchasers of genuine Beautyrest Products who purchased their product(s) directly from the website at www.beautyrest.com. The 100-Night In-Home Trial may not apply, or may apply differently, to purchases of Beautyrest Products via other authorized Beautyrest distribution channels, or from any other (unauthorized) sources. The 100-Night In-Home Trial thus only applies during the period in which the Product is owned and controlled by the original purchaser of that Product. PLEASE RETAIN YOUR PURCHASE RECEIPT SO THAT YOU CAN PRESENT IT TO US IF NECESSARY.