Products made before March 1, 2015
- Use a new Simmons® foundation or a supportive, rigid, non-yielding foundation. An old foundation unit may not provide sufficient support.
- Support your Simmons® mattress and foundation only with a frame that provides rigid center support as well as support for the head, foot, and sides for queen, split queen, king and California king size sets (as noted above). For any queen or king frame that does not have a metal center support, you must use at least 5 hardwood (i.e., oak or ash) slats (1” x 4”) and add legs to the 3 center slats. By not providing a sufficient supportive frame, damage can occur to the product and your warranty will be invalid.*
- Add a solid platform on top of any open slatted mattress support system with openings between the slats that exceed two (2) inches (e.g., a platform bed frame in which a Beautyrest® or BeautySleep® mattress rests directly upon slats with open spaces between the slats). Use of such an open slatted mattress support system with spaces between the slats which exceed two (2) inches (5 centimeters), without the addition of a solid platform will damage your mattress and your warranty will be invalid.
- Use a quilted protector pad on your mattress at all times to avoid stains (including MoistureBan™ products).
- Carton your mattress and carry it on its side when moving.
- If your mattress has a removable cover, use only a professional dry cleaning service to clean the cover.
- If your Simmons® mattress was manufactured on or after July 1, 2007, it meets the requirements of the Federal Flammability Standard, 16 CFR 1633, when your mattress is used alone or with the Simmons® foundation(s) as specified on the 1633 law label (see example of 1633 law label on next panel).
- Do not use an open slatted mattress support system (e.g., a platform bed frame in which your mattress rests directly upon slats with open spaces between the slats) where the openings between the slats are greater than two (2) inches (5 centimeters) as this will damage a Beautyrest® or BeautySleep® mattress. To prevent damage to your mattress if the openings between the slats exceed two (2) inches (5 centimeters), the support system may be modified by applying a solid platform on top of the slat system.
- Do not remove the white law label or the model name label. These labels serve as a means of identification to establish your warranty rights.
- Do not bend or fold, stand or jump on product as damage can occur.
- Do not use cleaning fluids on your mattress; it may damage some of the materials.
- Do not use any type of fabric protection spray or chemical application on this product.
- If your mattress has a removable cover, do not machine wash the removable cover.
- If your mattress has a removable cover, do not remove or wash the inner mattress cover or bottom fabric of removable outer cover.
- If your mattress has a removable cover, do not wash the foam mattress core.
- If you purchased a Simmons® product, including ComforPedic,® that contains one (1) inch or more of AirCool® or NxG® Memory Foam, do not use a heating pad or electric blanket.
- Do not smoke in bed or use open flames near the bed.